Monday, January 9, 2012

#6 Weakened By The Weekend

Vastly overlooked and underrated things from 2011:
1) There has never been more music/art/books/movies available in the history of civilization.
2) You have never been closer to your final day and breath than you are right now.

So enjoy:

A) Project Nim- A fascinating documentary from before my time wherein the full life of a chimp named Nim Chimpsky (hehe) is followed including his time being raised by a family as if he were one of their human kids as well as the numerous conflicts Nim causes among flawed humans. Also has an amazing photo-montage of all the different outfits and sweaters that Nim sported throughout his life... good docs are always in fashion with me:
                                          


B) I finished less than 20 books in 2011, but one standout that I can recommend across the board was Swamplandia. Read it now or, I guess, wait till it comes to a screen near you...


C) I'm not sure how Horsecollar stayed off of virtually every Best of 2011 List, but I am sure that with the help of a time-machine, Velvet Underground got sozzled with the The Strokes and Kings of Leon and made a backstge baby they called Horsecollar:


(please listen to STOP. DROP. &ROLL to understand my description above)

No comments:

Post a Comment